Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I fell over, quite badly five weeks ago subsequently I

Customer Question

HI, I fell over, quite badly five weeks ago subsequently I consulted 111 who advised me to see my doctor. The pain is in my shoulder and goes down to my fingertips and is considerably worse when Iie down and becomes unbearable.
The doctor sent me for an X ray where I was told there was no break or dislocation of the shoulder- however the pain is getting worse.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.The problem likely lies in the cervical spine. The nerves come from C5-6 region and supply your arm, hand. Hence any spinal fracture or herniated disc can cause nerve compression and hence radiating symptoms. Anti inflammatory medication Ibuprofen and a nerve specific medication Gabapentin can be conmbined 3 times daily to control your pain. Tramadol is another alternative pain medication. Physical therapy will help. Cervical spine Xrays also should be considered. MRI scan of the spine and shoulder reserved for resistant symptoms. May take 3-4 weeks to see some improvement. Please avoid using affected side for now.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/