DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I'm 20, female. i've had chest pains since last night.

Hello, i'm 20, female.
i've had chest pains since last night. It feels like when you have a bad cough and coughing becomes painful in your chest. Should I be concerned?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYes there is some concern.This can simply be pain from coughing.However, pneumonia and bronchitis should be ruled out.It is not likely to be heart, but that is easily excluded with exam and EKG.I would see a doctor today. First of all, pain is not typical of a cold, and can be early pneumonia. A bad cough with pain raises this to an extra level of concern.If you develop further symptoms, go right to the ER. Otherwise, head to urgent care now. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for your reply, i haven't been coughing at all. It's just mild pain
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
This is less likely a concern.However, it still needs an exam: it is new.You have no explanation for this pain.If you have never had it before and do not know what it is, it is MOST likely muscle pain.Not as potential an emergency.Not likely heart.Possibly acid reflux, or more likely muscular, or inflammation of the ribs. Please click a positive.Find me anytime.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
ThanksI am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.