DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have asked this question some time ago paid but

Hi I have asked this question some time ago paid for it but got no reply. My daughter seems to be seriously mentally ill at the moment she has to diagnoses BPD and one other Aspergers Syndrome. She has full violent rages screaming for death with hand over her ears all the time and can't stand noise or people eating or going on buses going into doctors surgery the sight of blood sick ect and has always had sensory issues. She feel totally detached from society and not real not part of this planet and longs for her life to end to be part of outer space as she calls it. Her true passion is Carl Sergen and watches his videos over and over again. She was badly bullied at school and was a loner. Some Drs here think it is BPD because of the high feelings of death she has. She exhausted all the time with ME/CFS as well and very depressed with no real goals and not achieving much during her days. I would be so grateful to you if you could clarify what she is suffering from? thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou have to defined BPD It sounds to me like they have decided on bipolar disorder, rather than borderline personality disorder.The symptoms so far fit bipolar disorder better. One can even have hallucinations if it is not treated. However, we do not diagnose on line.That requires a formal assessment from a psychiatrist at this point, or a PhD clinical psychologist.Bipolar disorder requires medicine, and there are effective medications.Borderline is difficult and sometimes impossible to treat and requires highly motivated psychotherapy. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get my previous question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about the arachnoid cyst and inflammation on the brain?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
noThat is not on this trhread, and it does not show up in your question history.I have nothing to do with that however.Please click a positive rating before starting new questions, or let me know your concern.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't choose a positive rating if I am still no better off. I feel you are avoiding my questions? to you does it sound like Boderline Personality Disorder or Asperger's Syndrome or Bi polar disorder? would she have rages and be constantly disassociated with Bi polar disorder she is never happy and always depressed she has had Bulima for two years now as well. What I said in my previous note was that these attacks or not pre medicated and always happens out of her control she never goes out to look for trouble and attention so I am finding it hard to accept that she might have BPD if it was bi polar how do you treat it can you get better from it. I said in my previous email she was diagnosed with inflammation on the brain and archnaid cyst sorry can't spell it. More clarity would be so good. thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just about to rate you would appreciate a reply as I have to go thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
As I said above, it sounds like bi polar disorder. But, I have told you what is involved in getting a diagnosis...which is not what we do here, as that requires examination, and testing. Boarderline Personality is certainly possible, but there is no medication for this. For bi polar, mood stabilizes and lithium are the mainstay of treatment. I do not get your emails. An arachnoid cyst would not have a bearing on her. HOwever, inflammation of the brain might, but that is not a diagnosis, it is a finding, or a guess. Autoimmune disease, for example, can cause inflammation of the brain. Wheat allergy causes a certain type of inflammation of the brain, as to many other causes.That would be a job for a neurological evaluation.please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.