Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have pain on the right hand side of my tummy. Its between

Customer Question

I have pain on the right hand side of my tummy. Its between my underarm and my hip. Its a constant burning sensation. What could it be?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
this pain could be due to inflammation of your gall bladder or a gall stone causing pain.
an ultrasound of the gall bladder can see if it is inflamed and can check for stones
an ultrasound is better to check on the gall bladder than a CT scan.
also it could be due to inflammation of your distal stomach or duodenum. sometimes excessive stomach acid can cause duodental ulcers which can cause right sided abdominal pain
the pain could be due to scar tissue in your abdomen. if you have had abdominal surgery before, this can cause scar tissue which can be painful
you might benefit from a colonoscopy to look inside of the colon or stool testing to check for blood in your stools.
you could have dysfunction of your gall bladder which can cause pain. a HIDA scan can see if your gall bladder is working properly
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the quick response. Now I will follow up with your suggestions of HIDA and ultrasound to investigate further.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
good idea
talk to your doctor about additional testing.
ask if you need to decrease stomach acid in your stomach
and have your stools checked for microscopic blood as well.
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
do you have any other questions?