How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65266
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I am a 20 year old male who is currently suffering rectal

Customer Question

Hello, I am a 20 year old male who is currently suffering rectal discomfort. It is a painful throbbing making sitting uncomfortable, and a lump on the anus presenting after a bowl movement. Many hemorrhoid creams including extra strength hydrocortisone anusol have not improved my symptoms. I believe this may be an anal abcess but am unsure, and my gp is closed on weekends -what to do/where to go?
Many thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou can go to urgent care or A&EAn abscess would typically cause illness and fever.This could be rectal prolapse or severe hemorrhoid.Sitting in a hot bath frequently can help in the latter two cases.I would however, be seen as soon as possible.We do not replace an exam or doctor's visit here. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.