Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Please excuse this question but I am thinking some action is

Please excuse this question but I am thinking some action is necessary.
My question concerns my neighbour, a single man in his late 70s-early 80s. Three of us single people live in three adjacent houses: me, him and a widow in her late 70s on the other side of him. The widow and I are getting concerned about our neighbour's frailty. He has no relations in London, though some in Dorset. We are all cordial neighbours.
As my kitchen faces his, I can monitor him when he opens his curtains each morning; but this is sometimes a bit late.
My question is: does the NHS have a role in supplying/advocating/strongly suggesting some form of at-home monitoring for this single man in his late 70s? The widow and I are going to scheme to improve our own monitoring, but I thought I would ask if there was any official guidance in such matters.
with many thanks for any suggestions
John Schofield
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Please read the below linked article of home care by NHS: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/Pages/home-care.aspx Take care.