Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

HIV question.Is the fourth generation duo test conclusive

HIV question.Is the fourth generation duo test conclusive after 15 months since a high risk exposure and then after 8 weeks since negligible risk?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,Yes it is conclusive in in first case but in second it is better to check after 12 weeks. Though negative at 8 weeks remains negative most of the times.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to get a second third generation antibody test (Biosure) done soon as I am beyond three months, how come some specialists say 6 weeks is conclusive for fourth generation test?What's the chances of a false fourth generation test after 12 months?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply,
HIV screening guidelines suggest testing at 3 months but most of the HIV specialist take negative at six weeks as conclusive.
After 12 months chances of false fourth generation test is very very low.
Please do leave a positive rating.
Best Wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.Would mutual masturbation with no oral, vaginal or anal sex be considered low risk?Thank you
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
yes it is low risk.please do leave a positive rating.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you suggest further testing or any testing for low risk situations? I am going to test again anyway I think.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
There is no need though if you test for your reassurance you can.Please do leave a positive rating.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.