Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My 86 year old husband who has got vascular dementia and alzheimers

My 86 year old husband who has got vascular dementia and alzheimers has had problems with his bladder and now says he has lost control and urine is going straight through. Is there anything I can do without having to go to A & E. Our surgery is closed for the weekend. Tel. no 01424 838395. e-mail***@******.*** Thanks
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Sorry to hear about the situation. Only thing you can do is to get adult diapers to prevent embarrassment in social situations. Self catheterization with straight cath is another good option but will likely require doctor's prescription first. Indwelling foley's catheter ill be a good intermediate solution till further evaluation. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/