Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I got punched in the nose around six weeks ago and went to

Customer Question

I got punched in the nose around six weeks ago and went to the doctor as the nose was bleeding, bruised and very swollen. I was told it was not broken and that it will heal itself it's now been six weeks and it is still very swollen to the point there is an unsightly bump on the bridge of my nose. What can I do to reduce this unsightly bump / swelling?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Very unfortunate.You have developed fibrosis and scarring tissue causing the bump.You still have significant inflammation of soft tissue causing swelling. Plenty of ice pack application and also anti inflammatory treatment with oral predniosne should be considered to reduce the swelling.There can be infection as well --will require oral antibiotic course as well. You will also likely need nasal bone surgery to improve cosmetic appearance after he selling and pain subside. Please consult with an ENT specialist soon. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/