Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I went to the dentist and he said one of my teeth is

I went to the dentist and he said one of my teeth is slightly loose but not ready to fall out. He mentioned that I have a tiny bit of bone loss due to either my age, hormones or medical conditions. I don't have any medical conditions and my health is good. The dentist did say other than the bit of bone shrinkage my teeth look fine and there was nothing to worry about and will see me again in 6 months time. I was worried when he said medical conditions. Can you advise.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,What is your age? and gender?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 44 and I am female
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the reply.When he said medical conditions, he was speculating and trying to make a diagnosis. Certain medical conditions cause bone resorption namely, osteoporosis, parathyroid conditions, arthritis, certain mineral and vitamin deficiency states etc. If you do not have any medical conditions that you know of and do not have any symptoms of medical conditions then the bone resorption can be due hormones, disuse, age, genetic predisposition, diet etc. Some times, localized infections, inflammation and trauma to the tooth can cause bone resorption around the socket the tooth fits in to (Alveolar bone loss).I do not think there is much cause for concern here however, you should have you baseline labs and vitamin and mineral levels checked on your next visit to your PCP.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what your saying is I'm fine basically
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. Glad the advice was good news. I was getting scared.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.
Best Wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Glad that I appear to be ok. Thanks for your help