Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My problem is work related. 4 years ago I caught a staff

Hi my problem is work related. 4 years ago I caught a staff member stealing it had been going on along time but once we got in the camera we saw. She was spoken to and given a 2nd chance ,my boss is too decent and doesn't like confrontation plus her parents live across the road from my boss, she worked fine for 3 months then we started noticing little things been taken and it went on and on I told him all I noticed but still no action I know you need proof but come on he is a very intelligent man !! . my problem is really that I can't get my head around it at all at all. I guess I'm asking for a different approach to my thinking that I can deal with it without feeling anxious and hating having her around me it takes me ages to adjust each morning to her presence. I love my job but not with her. She seemingly is looking for jobs but she has it too cushy why would she go. I just hate that I have no voice I don't want to upset my boss but I need to do something to handle this. Sorry it's long winded thank you for taking the time to read my issue
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
I know it can be hard to work with another staff worker who is stealing and taking advantage of the system.
I'm glad you have spoken to your boss about it already.
her time will come when she gets what she deserves.
if the situation cause you to have anxiety, you should ask your GP doctor to refer you to a psychotherapist whom you can talk to regularly.
that can help .
you might benefit from yoga or meditation to help calm your anxieties and worries.
deep breathing exercises could help
regular exercise can often help decrease stress and anxiety from the work place.
keep going your job as best as you can
and you will come out on top at the end.
please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com