Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

MY PROBLEM IS A VERY PINCHING PAIN WHICH OCCURS IN MY TUMMY

Customer Question

HI, MY PROBLEM IS A VERY PINCHING PAIN WHICH OCCURS IN MY TUMMY AREA WITH EVERY STRETCHING MOVEMENT INCLUDING COUGH,SNEEZE OR YAWN. IT IS AROUND AN AREA WHERE I DID HAVE STITCHING FOR A HYSTERECTOMY 17 YEARS AGO. I DO FEEL AS IF THE PAIN IS WITHIN THE LINING OF MY TUMMY AS I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY OF MY ORGANS. I FEEL FINE AND WORK FULL TIME SO TRYING TO GET AN APPOINTMENT WITH MY LOCAL SURGERY IS A NIGHTMARE. I JUST FIND THAT THE PAIN IS GETTING MORE INTENSE AND MORE FREQUENT ESPECIALLY THROUGH ANY MOVEMENT IN BED AS I SUFFER NIGHT SWEATS AND THEN GETTING READY FOR WORK, BUT ONCE I'M STANDING AND MOVING ABOUT I AM FINE. PLEASE ANY ANSWER OR ADVICE WOULD EASE MY MIND. ANNE
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
in areas of prior surgery and stitching there can be pinched nerves which can cause stitching pain from pinched nerves or cut nerves.
nerve pain medications like gabapentin (Neurontin) can help decrease nerve pain
topical numbing medications like lidocaine patch 5% can help numb the skin and decrease pain.
there could be scar tissue causing pinched nerves as well
ask your doctor for an ultrasound of the area to check for infection or scar tissue behind the incision.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com