Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

I don't know the exact problem but I had an MRI of the

Hi I don't know the exact problem but I had an MRI of the vascular system and they noticed a problem in the Venus Sinus they are going in for a closer look. They were looking to diagnose idiopathic intracranial Hypertension. What sort of problems could be identified when looking at the Venus Sinus. When I was a child between the ages of 3 years and 11 i suffered from physical child abuse. Could it be something showing up from that? Many thanks.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shantal I will keep waiting thank you.
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
hi there,i am onilne and will be happy to answer your questions.i am sorry to hear about your problem.thank you for your patience. idiopathic intracranial hypertension means high pressure inside brain ventricles/sinuses without any cause ( identifiable/known) the primary purpose of neuroimaging ( MRI or MRV ) is to exclude secondary causes of increased intracranial pressure.secondary causes include ●Intracranial mass lesions (tumor, abscess)●Obstruction of venous outflow, eg, venous sinus thrombosis, jugular vein compression, neck surgery●Obstructive hydrocephalus●Decreased CSF absorption, ●Increased cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) production, eg, choroid plexus papilloma●Malignant systemic hypertension While the brain parenchyma and ventricles appear normal on MRI or CT in patients with IIH, other MRI abnormalities may be seen and suggest idiopathic intracranial hypertension.●Flattening of the posterior sclera ●Distension of subarachnoid space ●Enhancement (with gadolinium) of the optic nerve ●Empty sella ●Intraocular protrusion of the optic nerve ●Vertical tortuosity of the orbital optic nerve this is not related to child abuse. though child abuse may cause small punctate hemmorhages in brain , but is not likely/ associated with IIH. I hope this helps.please let me know if you have any questions.thank you
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
I am here to help you and I wish you best health,if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box.we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask anytime.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drhashmimd/?rpt=3800Thanks for using justanswer.com
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
do you have any questions?
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience: MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I apologise for taking so long getting back to you. I have been offline a few days.