Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Good evening Doctor, I have bright red blotches on the helmet

Good evening Doctor,
I have bright red blotches on the helmet of my penis and on the inside of my foreskin,the whole area is extremely itchy although not sore.
I am very hygienic and have not been with multiple sexual partners.
Thank you for any advice.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is likely a fungal infection given severe itchiness and redness. Dampness and sweating are ideal for fungal growth promotion.You can try following over the counter medications:1. Clotrimazole cream twice daily 2. Hydrocortisone cream twice daily. You can apply them together leave for 2 hours before any washing. Avoid too much soap application which can delay healing process. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/