Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I've been off my pill and citalootam months now,

Hello, I've been off my pill and citalootam for 4 months now, and lately I've been feeling really low again, not just around my period! My hormones feel all over the place, should I re take my contraceptive and hope that balances out my hormones again, or could it be mild depression, I really don't want to take anti depressants again as I felt like I had no control over myself.. And I have tried counselling..please help
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Most likely this is due to the hormonal fluctuations because of discontinuation of the contraceptive pill and restarting on the pill can put a check on the recent symptoms. If that does not appear to happen after a complete cycle being on the pill, then you should see your psychiatrist again for a prescription of Citalopram.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you , I'm on Yasmin and seems to be good for me,, does the pill help balance hormones?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also which is the lowest form of anti depressant?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it does. It regulates them and keeps them in check. There is no lowest form of anti depressant. It depends on the dosage mostly. It also depends on what your Psychiatrist is comfortable with and what controls your symptoms in the least amount required.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou, I will start taking again today and hope this helps.. I will rate you now !