Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Dear Doctor,My wife and I have a 13 month old

Dear Doctor,
My wife and I have a 13 month old granddaughter who is in her 5th day of having chicken pox. We are in demand for baby sitting tomorrow, Monday.
My wife has been inoculated against shingles, but I have yet to be called. Also, I am in the 8th week chemo treatment for a basal cell carcinoma, so that my immune system is likely to be on the low side.
Is there any danger for me of catching shingles? Any guidance you could give would be very much appreciated.
With best wishes,
Edward ****
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,Yes there is danger for you of catching virus as you are immuno compromised because of chemotherapy. I would suggest to completely avoid contact with your grand daughter and keep her rash covered and wash your hands often to limit spread.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating.Wish you good health.