Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am fmale and 60 years of age. My hormones disappeared for

I am fmale and 60 years of age. My hormones disappeared for a number of years. In the last 3 months hormones have returned to such an extend that I am like a teenage boy in relation to sexual pleasure.
Is this in any way normal or should I seek medical help.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Not normal.
See an endocrinologist or internal medicine doctor or your GP immediately.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidreturn of sex drive hormones at your age of 60 after menopause can be from pituitary abnormalityif your pituitary gland was making excessive hormonesor if your steroid hormones were being converted into estrogen my aromatase enzyme in your body.your adrenal glands make steroid or cortisol hormones in your body which can become converted into estrogen which could drive up your sex drive.so all of your pituitary hormones and ACTH and AM cortisol levels and estrogen and LH and FSH and prolactin hormones need to be checked along with others.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician