Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am a rugby player, I took a heavy elbow to the side of my

Customer Question

I am a rugby player, I took a heavy elbow to the side of my head by my temple, it was very painful to start but it went away, ever since then I keep having very bad headaches, it is very sore to your and I think there may be a little swelling? Should I be worried? It happend 5 days ago and is still very sore.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.5 days too soon. Did you have any concussion evaluation by a doctor as per current sports guidelines?If not, you still need one soon. A brain scan also need to rule out intracranial bleeding. Avoid any physical exertion. Avoid any mental works as well. That means complete rest which expedites recovery. Avoid alcohol caffeine. Symptoms gradually improve in 2 weeks or so. This is known as post concussion syndrome. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/