Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I have a skin coloured growth in my pubic region (pic

Customer Question

Hi - I have a skin coloured growth in my pubic region (pic attached) - I previously scratched it off circa 2 months ago (after having it for 4/5 months) it has returned.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Please attach a pic.It is not yet attached. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pic attached
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.It looks like Molluscum contagiosum .This is viral skin infection which involves the upper layer of skin.It is spread through contact with a person having the infection or from personal effects of an infected person like towels , clothes etc....It can also be spread through contact during sexual intercourse.It is self limiting in most people and can take up to 4 years to go away.It does not require any treatment except in a small group of people who may have cosmetic concerns, who have atopical dermatitis as there may be increased risk of secondary bacterial infection in these people and people who are concerned about spreading it sexually.In that case a dermatologist can currete or burn them with laser.