Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am 18 weeks post partum, I've been experience pain in my

Customer Question

I am 18 weeks post partum, I've been experience pain in my lower right side for weeks, I have had scans done which show fluid in the Fallopian tube and a small cystic structure on my right ovary, I have been taking pain relief that does not help
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,If your gynecologist could not find any reason for pain and you are experiencing it even after taking pain killers i would suggest you to visit pain physician as sometimes nerve or ligament injury during labor cause pain which might need nerve block or local steroid injection to reduce inflammation. Physiotherapy and warm compresses can help.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do leave a positive rating.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the fluid in my Fallopian tube disperse and could it be the fluid that's causing my pain
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes it can be cause of pain if there is inflammation accompanied with it. Once inflammation settles down it would relief pain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tube is swollen aswell, how long does this normally take? I've been having this pain for 7 weeks ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
This should get settled in 2 to 3 weeks, discuss with your gynaecologist if it is not getting away so that cause of it can be diagnosed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time today
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome.