Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Very sorry to ask you this. But I have not sex long

very sorry to ask you this. But I have not sex for a long time and now have. and probably far too much as
I have a very sore and swollen vulva. What should i do please
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionFirst of all you need to abstain for a while.The second problem is likely that you have vaginal dryness.As we age, we lose hormones. Men and women both.In women, this causes a lack of estrogen to the vaginal tissues.This results in dryness and irritation with intercourse.I would see your doctor and ask for vaginal estrogen.It is called vagifem or estrace. It will help a lot.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,I have a different answer as you are concerned about current swelling and soreness after having sex.You can decrease the swelling and pain by using cold compresses or ice pack wrapped in a cloth to put over the area. Sit in a tub of cold water. You can use lidocaine 2% gel, it will cause numbness in the area and if swelling still persists you can take antihistamine tablet like benadryl.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner by my name DR. Uzair.Wish you good health.Wish you good health.
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
many thanks that was helpful. I don't have a dry virgina but will get the gel and hopefully it will calm down!
welcome :)
Many women do not appreciate the dryness. It might seem like you are doing fine but the lack of estrogen causes a fragility of the tissues. I strongly suspect this is the case.Ice packs and gel will simply cover up the underlying cause