Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am currently drinking about 15 units of alcohol per day although

I am currently drinking about 15 units of alcohol per day although recently I had reduced to 10 units, at this level of drinking is it safe to stop completely or should I try to reduce further first?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,It is always better to decrease slowly to avoid withdrawal symptoms. I would suggest you should try to come to 5 units then 3 and 2 per day first to avoid unwanted symptoms.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating.Best wishes.