DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had been diagnosed with HPYROLI bacteria infection in the

Customer Question

I had been diagnosed with HPYROLI bacteria infection in the stomach, duodenum which was treated with antibiotics. I am now on lansoprazole and rectilinear tablets. My stomach acid is under control but since the the treatment was started, 2 months, I am not able to swallow any solid foods. I am only able to swallow liquid foods. My GP says it may take long time, more than few months, till I will be able to swallow solid foods.
Please let me know if in your opinion it really takes long time for me to recover so that I am able to eat solid food and if there is any better treatment a available to recover faster.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
This can not all be attributed to h pylori.
Typically, there is a problem with the esophagus in this case
Spasm for example
Or stricture.
You need a scope if you have not had one.
Or, a barium swallow which is a type of x ray.
It is not normal to not be able to swallow sold food after treatment for h pylori, something else is going on. Even medication side effects need to be considered.
Personally, I would start with a swallowing study, the type of x ray, if a scope was done. If not, I would start with the scope.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Endoscopy was done in the beginning and was found moderate pan-gastritis, duodenitis and 2cm hiatus hernia.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I would then do a gastric emptying study and the type of x ray I said.
This is not normal.
Your stomach might not be emptying, and there are different medications that can help this.
Talk to your doctor immediately about this.
You can not stay on a non-solid food diet indefinitely.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.