Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My cheeks are patchy red and I have distinct red patched on

Customer Question

My cheeks are patchy red and I have distinct red patched on my forehead also, it's constant but can be less or more noticeable depending on the day. It's not itchy, I feel no pain, it's literally just the look.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a pic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please see attached.
This is rosacea my friendAsk your doctor for retin A cream or metronidazole cream.It will help
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr. Phil,Thanks for the reply, i never used to have this issue, i first noticed it when i was at the gym, i bought a new towel from the vending machine and used it on my face and head. So i always thought it was some sort of reaction to that, is that possible? As he marks on my forehead look like red circles rather than big red patches like my cheeks.Is there anything that triggers this to be more red? as sometimes it's less noticeable, i'd say especially in the morning.
and finally which of those creams would be best, ***** ***** use both? and is there anything else i can do? i just want to get rid of it as it's quite annoying to hear "oh look you've gone red" all the time lol.cheers.
The ones on the head look like a fungal infectionThe ones on your cheek look like rosaceaIt is not related to any exposure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay will the retin A cream or metronidazole cream help both of them?and should i take both of these or just 1? and if so what's the best?
metronidazole will help the cheeks. Retin A will help the cheeks clotrimazole on the head
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
great, can i use metronidazole and retin A together?
yes, but probably won't be necessary