Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Over the past two days I have felt blocked up, in my nose,

Over the past two days I have felt blocked up, in my nose, whenever I have blown my nose, blood comes out of my right nostril, the left nostril is fine.
Is anything wrong?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. You are likely suffering from a viral cold. This may cause the nasal congestion and feeling of blocked up. This will cause the dilatation of the blood vessels and may cause minor bleeding. But if the bleeding is a lot more in quantity and occurring frequently then you may need to see your doctor. In the meantime try to gently blow your nose. Please drink plenty of water and you may also try nasal saline sprays or rinses to relieve the blocked up feeling. These symptoms will resolve in a few days, however if continuing for more than a week, or if you develop additional symptoms such as fever, or greenish nasal discharge then please see your doctor. Take care.