Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am a 54 year old male. I am experiencing significant

Customer Question

I am a 54 year old male. I am experiencing significant facial flushing and heat, usually from when I wake up in the mornings, although not every morning. I have also noted that sometimes in bed I seem to be ‘overheating’ in my torso, albeit when perhaps having one blanket too many. The only physical changes that may be relevant are that over the last 7 months I have been running 3 times per week, for the first time in many years. I am now up to about 18 miles per week (9, 5,4 ) all at quite a slow pace. However I feel fitter and my heart rate at rest is around 60 and is reasonable during exercise as I monitor with a Garmin running watch. I also have a persistent ache in my right hip, which seems to be running related.

I have also been taking 10mg of Omeprazole daily for many years. Fairly recently this has been an OTC tablet as opposed to the previously used capsules.

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Assistance still needed. Thanks.
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question. I can help.Congrats on the exercise programHave you had any blood work done lately?thyroid tested?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I finally managed to see my GP and am having a blood test done on Tuesday, including I believe thyroid.
You're welcome :)please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the GP gave me some petroleum based cream for the face and also ordered a full range of blood tests. The blood tests all came back as 'normal' but today after a 2 hour run my face was very red and quite sore, like sunburn really. This is still the case two hours later. Could this be rosacea or something similar?
would you mind a positive rating first
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done! I am also just wondering if it could be the salt from my own sweat?!
I doubt that. do you have a pic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please remind me how to do this?
just attach a pic using the paperclip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It does look like rosaceathere are two creams that can help1)finacea gel2)metronidazole gel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So it has calmed down a little now. Focus is on forehead and below eyes and cheeks.

rosacea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is this anything to be worried about?

I doubt itespecially if your bloods are normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, many thanks.

welcome