Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I'm 26 years old and over the past 3 weeks I have been suffering

I'm 26 years old and over the past 3 weeks I have been suffering with symptoms of cystitis. I have used the OTC sachets for cystitis and that helped for the time I was taking it. I have now got the same symptoms from where I started from. Having the feeling of a very full bladder, having to urinate more frequently, pain and stinging when urinating and now I have noticed that my urine has a pink tinge to it. Could that be blood? I also have some symptoms of thrush. What shall I do?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. Yes this may be blood. You need to have yourself and your urine examined under the microscope and also have urine culture and antibiotic sensitivity tests done. Based on the result your doctor will prescribe a specific antibiotic which will treat the infection. You may consult your doctor or go to an urgent care facility. You need treatment of the cause and not just take over the counter medications to decrease the symptoms. Take care.