DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a 66 yo male and I experience considerable tenderness

I am a 66 yo male and I experience considerable tenderness in the area of my scrotum (not in or around the actual testicles) but in the soft skin that surrounds the scrotum. I also have an odour (similar to that of flatulence) when I pass urine.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh ! Unfortunately, many medical issues. Type 2 Diabetes, two mini strokes in 2009, These resulted in deterioration of eyesight, minor loss of left side feelings, as in tingling of and control of my right hand (unable to hold/control right hand). Some loss of control of balance. High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, a case of Viral Dermatitis, Eczema. Medication in the form of, Mirtazapine, Sertraline, Ramipril and Metformin. My main problems though (I believe) are those relating to the subject of the tenderness in area of my groin and an overall feelings of depression. I would understand if you felt, that there were too many problems for me to overcome and to just advise me to go away.
This sounds like a urinary tract infection.have you had a urine sample tested?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had a urine test. What with the pending doctors strike, together with the availability of a doctors appointment and the fact that my Daughter is only able to visit me, once a fortnight (from Guildford) I find it difficult to get any real enthusiasm concerning my health. I appreciate the time and effort given me and to be honest, I was only looking for a quick fix.*:-< sigh I will accept your advice and consider our involvement over.Many thanksMurray
You're welcome MurrayPlease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
I noticed you rated negative Murray
Can I ask why?
Can we continue to try and get you the help you need?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is a different expert.I am a double board certified clinical doctor and I have a different answer for you.With tenderness in the scrotum, a careful urologic exam is needed. This is a referral you need from your GP, to a urologist.Many conditions can cause pain in this area, from infectious to non infectious.I can go over fixes for you , once there is a diagnosis.I can go over anything for you any time if you find me by request in the medical category."For Dr. Thomas only."Please click a positive rating now, and come back as needed.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.