Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had a fall in kitchen, fell very heavy on leg. I felt like

Customer Question

I had a fall in kitchen, fell very heavy on leg. I felt like gonna pas out then vomit for few minutes. Was able to get up and walk on leg. Pain in night even big toe hurts. I an move around but it is painfull. No swelling or bruising. Will this just easy over couple of days?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Yes, this will usually ease over a couple of days. Signs that there may be more significant injury that would warrant being seen would include pain that precludes being able to bear weight on the leg or significant tenderness if you press along a bone.
If these signs are not present, then it would be reasonable to try to manage this at home with an over the counter pain medicine and the application of ice to the leg.
If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If pain doesn't ease in couple of days should I get it checked
If the pain is not significantly improved in 2-3 days, then yes, it would be appropriate to be checked. If the pain is getting better but not yet completely gone i 2-3 days, it would be fine to give it some more time.