Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

1948 aged 8 years involved in head-on RTA where I took most

1948 aged 8 years involved in head-on RTA where I took most impact. unconscious for approx 90 minutes. No hospital attendance, no treatment. Have impacted vertebrae coccyx area.
2015 tick bite Jan. MRI with 6 stents - only left scapular discomfort for approx 6 weeks awaiting physio apt seen privately day before.
"Three". TIA like incidents - left side weakness, face numb, speech slurred tinnitus - also optic nerve damage right eye.
saw Neurologist privately MRI showed "unusual loss of volume of frontal lobe and parietal lobe involvement (looks as though brain is an egg with the top sliced off - nothing)
Left sided weakness persist, speech slurring disguised. Am now to see Neurologist T local hospital re peripheral neuritis - extremely
Sinful area left side particularly left hand - he specialises I. Stroke, Parkinson's
Am retired SRN - ironically working for the last ten years of employment in Unit. For the Young Disabled. Patient to with MS, Stroke, Parkinson's , tumours,Huntingdons etc.
How do I get to see. Neurophysiologist via NHS - private MRI cost me £700 a my funds Re depleted,
Would appreciate opinion and advisce
Always been spontaneous. On,y sleep 4-5 hours per night. Several 'careers'.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Following on as no answer as yet - could an UNDIAGNOSED traumatic brain injury at continue to impact on ,"patient" throughout life. Injuries always affected right side. Sleep average 4-5 hours. Always energetic, never tired, lateral thinker "too quick to follow" artist, mcellust, out of synch with peers , always, always is teresred in everything with an insatiable need to know. Neurophysiological, psychological known effects through life from 8 years. Now almost intolerable head pain left side forehead - feels as though there is a bone extrusion above left eye - and left ckeek - left hand painfully sensitive - codeine phosphate 2 x ads.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please advise if there is going to be a reply - over 24 hours since question asked. Many thanks.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.I am sorry that there has not yet been any response. The question has now been moved into the Medical category.What diagnoses were made by the private Neurologist?Is the Neurologist that you are to see at the local hospital within the NHS or a private Neurologist?
I have not yet heard back from my request for further information, so will address what I can.
If the Neurologist that you are to see at your local hospital is through the NHS, then that would be the most direct route to be able to see a Neurophysiologist or any other Neurology subspecialist. If the Neurologist determines that such a referral is indicated, the the Neurologist will arrange the referral within the NHS system.
If this Neurologist is a private Neurologist, then you would need to start the process for referral within the NHS through your GP. Your GP can make decisions about referral based on the assessments of private Neurologists, so it would be appropriate to bring the records of these evaluations.
As for the possible traumatic brain injury, yes, it does appear that such injuries can have effects that last throughout the remainder of the life span. There also is evidence that injuries to the brain are additive, so that two injuries that separately may not have caused any difficulty may add together and cause problems. Our understanding of the effects of head trauma is gradually increasing, but the current eveidence is that they can have lasting effects.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.