DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have had no sex in a while (husband works on an oil rig)

I have had no sex in a while (husband works on an oil rig) then lots yesterday on his return, some of it was quite rough. I woke today with a severe pain urinating and what looks like two ulsers on the inside of my labia minora. Could you shine some light on the situation for me, I'm experiencing quite a lot of pain and worry. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.This is due to friction and a rough intercourse. Not having sex for a few months can make the vagina a little less receptive in the first few instances, so one should be careful. Start on an anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen 200 mg thrice a day, keep taking the Sitz baths (sitting in a tub of luke warm water) and apply lidocaine gel on the ulcers four to five times a day. The gel is available OTC in pharmacies. Next time, I suggest that you use lubrication for the first couple of times you are having sex, after a long time.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou will have to pay attention to pain on urination.This can be simple irritation of the urethra, or it can be a urinary track infection, which can happen after intercourse.If you have pain tomorrow, have a urinalysis.I am a double board certified clinical medical doctor.Find me anytime for questions in medical.Please click a positive rating.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanksI am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.