Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am allergic to penicillin and a support worker to a service

I am allergic to penicillin and a support worker to a service user is currently taking antibiotics which contain penicillin ... Could I be affected if he was to dribble on me or wipe his sweat on me?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
No, someone will typically not be affected by passive exposure to another person that is taking any medicine to which they are allergic, such as penicillin. The amount of penicillin in saliva or sweat is trivial and is typically not sufficient to generate a reaction in someone else.
So, there is no reason for you to be concerned about working with someone that is taking penicillin or any other medicine to which you may be allergic.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.