DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have used your service before and was very happy, so

Hi,I have used your service before and was very happy, so here I am again!You may remember that I contacted you in October advising that I had a brain MRI for much needed piece of mind in order to identify any potential brain aneurysms and thankfully it came back all clear, both a neurologist and my GP said that no aneurisms were detected. My mother had an aneurysm aged 41, having smoked for 25 years. I previously smoked for 8 years but have now quit, so thought it would be a good idea.My question is, was a MRI scan an accurate technique for brain aneurysm identification, given my situation and background? I have read that a more detailed view can be gained by using MRA. However, am I right in thinking that MRA is used to further analyse the potential defect after identified using MRI?I suffer quite a lot with anxiety and this is affecting me, so any help you can give relating to MRI and it effectiveness with aneurism exposure would be appreciated.Thank you in advance
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiAn MRI with contrast is highly accurate.MRA does not add a whole lot.With a normal clinical exam, neurological exam and MRI with contrast, you should not keep pursuing this. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,I did not have any contrast dye injections, just at brain MRI on its own without contrast.Is this still accurate?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It is quite accurate.It will be less accurate in certain areas of the brain, but if you had a problem in these areas, you would have decided symptoms.Again, you should not be pursuing this. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My apologies in that case for the confusion, I should have said a MRI without contrast vs MRA.Apologies
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I see no concerns here.Neither do your doctors.You should get help for the anxiety problems.And you should stop worrying.See my last answer.Please click a positive at this point....then come back if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the help
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome any time.Please do not forget a positive rating: we are paid per rating and for bonuses.See also my add services offer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will gladly recommend you Dr Thomas, i'll also definitely leave feedback reflecting you putting my mind at ease.I also appreciate the advice on anxiety and worry, it is debilitating me and I need to address this.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
See my add services offer and we can address that problem.;Otherwise, please click a positive at the top of the answer page...we are only paid per click on a positive rating, for bonuses and for add services offers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I access your Ad services? I am interested in pursuing this
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It should be a click on your screencontact customer services if you don't see it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
The add services offer is still not accepted.If you are having problems, contact customer service.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.