DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a tiny dark brown dot on my lacrimal caruncle, I thought

Customer Question

I have a tiny dark brown dot on my lacrimal caruncle, I thought it was a bit of mascara but it is not, I think it is a very small mole. Is this possible and do I have to worry ? I have a lot of moles on the rest of my body. I am 52 year old female . can you please reassure me. Thank you
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello]Please attach a picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its is right in the very corner and is so small that it is not really visible without a magnifying mirror
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think I need to worry ? Is a mole on your eye any more worrying than any other mole ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
NoI see nothing concerning here.Show your doctor; he/she will confirm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it is a small mole, does it matter ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
No it does not.Your doctor will confirm this.There is nothing in your eye that is a mole.Please click a positive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not on the eye ball but on the lacrimal caruncle, and i think it is possible to have a mole there, but presumably its no more concerning than on any other part of the body ? is that true please ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
There is no mole there in the picture.
There is nothing malignant looking at all.
Simply have your doctor look under magnification to easy your mind.
Any mole in an unusual location warrants more scrutiny, but I don't see one here.
Please click a positive rating.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Please tell me your diet
meal to meal
typical day