Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Since the birth of my daughter (11yrs ago) I get over lubricated

Hi, since the birth of my daughter (11yrs ago) I get over lubricated during sex and no sensation is felt for either myself or my partner (he passes comment) my confidence and relationship is at breaking point. I have been to my GP who referred me for a STD screen which came back negative but I didn't seek any further help, I have tried pelvic floor exercises & tightening gels but nothing seems to help. Please can you advise me what could be the cause and what I should do? regards JG
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
some women can have glands in the vaginal canal which make too much fluid.
this can cause too much lubrication during sex.
there are treatments for this.
botox injections into some of the glands in the vaginal wall could help decrease vaginal secretions and help decrease lubrication during sex.
there are some anticholinergic medications like bentyl (dicyclomine) and hyoscyamine which can cause your glands in your body to secrete less and cause dry mouth, less sweating and possibly less vaginal secretions during sex.
you can talk to your doctor about these options and see what might work for you.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com