Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

There, I do not suffer from Erectile Dysfunction but

Hello there,
I do not suffer from Erectile Dysfunction but I used 4 x 50g Viagra 10 days ago over a 4 day period. This has left my penis a little sore, also the area between the anus and the testicles ( almost like a muscle strain feeling ). Also feels desensitised.
Should I just rest, or is there anything I can do?
Thanking you in advance.
Regards,
Simon Keeley
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. If these symptoms developed quickly after the use of the Viagra and subsequent sexual activity, then it will typically resolve with time. The only concerning issue would be if the soreness developed a couple days later, which is a concern that there may be an infection. In the former situation in which the symptoms develop quickly, the primary recommendation would be to avoid further use of the Viagra for now and avoid sexual activity to allow healing. The soreness may improve by soaking in warm water, either in a standard tub or a hot tub. If you only have access to a shower, then it would be OK to use hot compresses or a moist heating pad. The moist heat can be used 2-3 times per day for several days. Some men also may find some improvement in symptoms with the use of an antihistamine, and any of the over the counter antihistamines would be fine. In the latter situation i which the symptoms develop after a couple days, then an evaluation to look for evidence of infection would be another option, particularly if the soreness is greater. If an infection is present, antibiotics would be appropriate. Is there any other information that would be helpful?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, DoctorI will try the warm pad and refrain from any sexual activity. Should I check my ejeculation now, if so what do I look for ?
You did not mention any issue with ejaculation in your original question. However, there is no reason to check your ejaculation now, and it would be difficult to check the ejaculation while refraining from sexual activity. If there was an issue with ejaculation before using the Viagra, then it may need to be address separately. If there was an issue with ejaculation that occurred along with the soreness after using the Viagra, then it will typically improve as the other symptoms improve, and there would be no reason to check ejaculation until after the other symptoms have improved. Were you having any symptoms or difficulty with ejaculation previously?Was this the reason that you took the Viagra? Or did this develop after taking the Viagra?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Never a problem. It's just worrying me now, I'm a bit if a worrier you see!!Of course, I'll just rest it, feels like a muscle strain and aches, but not call the time. What do you recommend if this persists and how long should I give it?Thank you, Doctor.
Very good. If there was no problem with ejaculation before, there clearly is no need to check ejaculation now. These symptoms would usually improve over a week or two of performing the above interventions. If the symptoms persist, then the next step would be to be seen by your doctor, as there are some stronger medicines available by prescription that your doctor can use.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much, Doctor
You are most welcome. If I have answered all your questions, please remember to provide a positive rating (hopefully excellent) so that I am credited for assisting you.
Please let me know if I can provide any additional assistance.