Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

How much does being circumcised reduce the risk of hiv

Customer Question

how much does being circumcised reduce the risk of hiv infection for a hetrosexual man from one of vaginal intercourse with a stripper?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
According to statistics by world health organization there is compelling evidence that male circumcision reduces the risk of heterosexually acquired HIV infection in men by approximately 60%.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.
Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so even if the person was hiv positive, should i be ok? i do not know her status but becuase she was a stripper i assume much more likely to have hiv. I am really worried, is there anything you can tell me that would reassure me the odds are in my favour. I understand the risk is not zero but just looking for anything to calm me down.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
so even if the person was hiv positive, should i be ok?
Yes you should MOST LIKELY be okay. The risk is very low indeed.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me before we proceed.
Kindest regards