Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am worried I have a brain tumour, my eyes keep jumping and

I am worried I have a brain tumour, my eyes keep jumping and it's really annoying I had this a few months back and it stopped and now it's back again! I have also had eye twitches for a while but this had calmed down, I do clench my teeth from time to time and have been dong it a lot recently not sure if it's connected to my Jumpy eyes it if there is somthing seriously wrong. I did have my eyes tested in November and all was ok. Help!!! My name is ***** ***** I'm 21. I do know that I panic an awful lot and it's just getting worse!
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.None of the symptoms you mention can be linked to a brain tumor.These look to be more like symptoms of anxiety and stress.However, I would suggest that you see your Physician for a Neurological examination for your peace of mind.Let me know if there are any other related concerns.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay still a bit concern as to I should go and see a neaurogical examiner so there may be somthing serious?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
No, not because this is something serious, but because you seem to have health anxiety as well and the best peace of mind is achieved when one is examined and concerns are ruled out. My opinion on this website can never substitute for a doctor's visit in person.Having said that, I reiterate that your symptoms are not of a brain tumor but more likely due to your anxiety.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Going on from our conversation Yesturday just wondering if my what I call strange problems is actualy anxiety, I can't go in public toilets if there are no windows so therefore I cannot get out I tend not to lock the door. Also I always say no to long far away trips, don't go on trains as all I think is how I can't get out or off. And I don't like going anywhere where there are people I don't know. Are all these issues anxiety??
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Yes, these are symptoms related to depression and anxiety. I am only paid for my work on this website, if you rate my answers by clicking on the stars on the top of your screen. The conversation will continue after the rating as well. Regards.
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can I do????
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the rating.The best course of action will be to see a psychiatrist for an evaluation, psychotherapy session, engagement in a group conversation with people suffering from the same problems and if required, anti depressant medication. The results are quite remarkable and improve the quality of life.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right and would I have to go to my doctor first? If so what do I say, I think I have anxiety?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, your PCP first. You do not have to say that you have anxiety, just narrate your symptoms and have the physician draw the inference. You can be interrogative, ask him/her, are these symptoms of anxiety? That will be the best approach.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I'll do that this week,shall I mention about my health anxiety aswel?? And that I think I may have it, also could this be making me feel worse the constant worrying?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is also worth mentioning. And that is definitely aggravating things here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help!
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Pleasure. :)