Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My daughter has been diagnosed with suspected tonsillitis

Hi my daughter has been diagnosed with suspected tonsillitis ...the dr said her tonsils looked mucky she was given an antibiotic but I'm having great trouble getting it into her her temperature is still up and down I'm so concerned.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Is it the liquid antibiotic?If not liquid form should be better tolerated. If that is also not possible, then your daughter will need injectable antibiotic preferably in the hospital. Infection needs to be treated promptly to prevent any further spread and complications. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so should I take her to hospital
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes I will suggest so --to rule out tonsillar abscess as well which requires surgical removal of the tonsils. If no abscess, lack of oral feed warrants IV fluids and antibiotic therapy initially. Best wishes