Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

My mum has ms she takes baclofen on her notes she can take

Hi my mum has ms she takes baclofen on her notes she can take up to 14 10mg tablets a day she has been taking 3 tablets 4 times a day for at least a couple of weeks she has been confused delirious light headed and lost nearly all her appetite and thrown a few times all in the late morning.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. The maximum dosage of baclofen is 80 mg within a twenty-four-hour period. Even in normal doses this medication may cause side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, vision problems, or clumsiness or unsteadiness. She is taking more than the maximum dosage and therefore these side effects will increase. Considering the severity of these symptoms which may be dangerous you need to accompany your mum to her doctor or go to the ER immediately. She requires investigations and symptomatic treatment. Also please clarify with her doctor about the recommended dosage of baclofen for her. Take care.