Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I need to take high pressure tablets I had opperation years

I need to take high pressure tablets
I had opperation years ago my gall bladder is joined to my dudenal so my bile just runs
and interferes with all I eat also medication I have worked it out that is E numbers
I have tried 12 different ones so I need one without the E numbers is there any chance
Edna J
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
I am not sure what you mean by E numbers.
However, if you are having difficulty with all of these medicines, possibly due to the prior surgery, then another consideration would be the use of blood pressure medicine via an alternative delivery method. The most commonly used option would be a skin patch that provides clonidine. Since the medicine is absorbed through the skin, it will not be affected by any condition affecting the GI tract.
It is still a prescription product, but you can discuss this option with your doctor.
If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
You are very welcome.
Please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.