Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I think sprained my foot or ankle. It is swollen and bruis

I think sprained my foot or ankle. It is swollen and bruised
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.Where is the pain in the ankle? Is it on the outside? Inside? Center? Front?Is there an area of tenderness when you press on the ankle? If so, where?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ankle pain is round the bottom of my ankle and across the front of my foot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tenderness and bruising across the whole foot
Thank you for the additional information. If there is pain in the bottom and front of the foot and tenderness across the whole foot, it is worrisome that this is more than a simple sprain. The common ankle sprain occurs when there is excessive stretching of the ligaments on the side of the ankle, usually the outside, but sometimes the inside of the ankle. These ligaments do not extend to the bottom of the ankle or the front of the foot. When there is pain in these areas, particularly pain that is causing the person to be unable to bear weight, the concern is that there may be a fracture. So, it would be better for you to be seen quickly for an appropriate evaluation. A physical examination and plain x-rays are usually all that is needed, so can usually be done in an Urgent Care Center, if one is available in your community. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks i will get it checked this is helpful
You are very welcome. I hope that everything goes well.