Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I can't straighten my arm because of the pain it is giving

I can't straighten my arm because of the pain it is giving me. I can't think of anything I've done to cause the pain. I don't know if this is related or not but I had blood taken on Christmas Eve and since then I had a big bruise on my arm. The bruise has now almost gone but the pain is where the bruise was.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.The pain that you are having may very well be related to the blood that was taken on Christmas Eve.There may be some inflammation in the vein from which the blood was taken.I would recommend that you be seen and examined to confirm the diagnosis and then proceed accordingly.Meanwhile for the pain you can try taking anti-inflammatories like motrin or aleve which are over-the-counter.Warm compresses to the area may also help with the pain.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me when you are done asking.Kindest regards