Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had hartmanns procedure 7yrs ago stoma working fine but

Hi I had hartmanns procedure 7yrs ago stoma working fine but following an internal exam 5 days ago my rectum is losing faces and it feels as though everything going fall down back passage that is spoke to mot have any opening but I can smell faeces
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
Hartmann's procedure is the surgical resection of the rectosigmoid colon with closure of the rectal stump and formation of an end colostomy
you could be having some weakening of your anal sphincter and mucus coming out of your rectal stump.
the rectal stump can still make mucus and fluid which can come out the bottom.
you might need to do kegel exercises to strengthen your anal sphincter to prevent mucus coming from your rectal stump out of your anus.
you should also make sure you keep your stoma and colostomy clean as well.
you should see a doctor and get a gyn exam and make sure you are not having any recto vaginal fistula going on
when was your last gyn examination?
have you done kegel exercises before?
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com