Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had a bit of dizziness this morning and feelin sick just

Customer Question

I had a bit of dizziness this morning and feelin sick just wondered if its anything to do with a previous time 2 years ago when I went to Greece I caught a virus in my ear ended up getting vertigo was in hospital for 3 days ,the feelin seemed the same can you still get vertigo
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
yes, if you catch another virus or viral inner ear infection, this can cause fluid in your inner ear and cause vertigo and dizziness symptoms
you should see your GP doctor and get your ears examined to see if there is fluid behind your ear drum.
you might need a course of antibiotics to help clear up an inner ear infection.
there are medications which can help with vertigo such as meclizine or antivert or dramamine which could help your symptoms until the fluid in your ear resolves.
but do see your doctor to get your ears examined.
or you can go to the local hospital or A&E department to see a doctor sooner
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com