Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Does MS occur in the over 70's? Could copious amounts of alcohol

Customer Question

Does MS occur in the over 70's? Could copious amounts of alcohol mask the symptoms?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. Yes it can occur even over the age of 70, however this is rare and only a few cases have been described at this age. Copious amounts of alcohol will not mask the symptoms. What symptoms are you having and why do you think that this may be due to MS?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cut down drastically on my drinking having been diagnosed with some damage to the liver. Soon after this I began having pain in lower back/abdomen/legs/groin. This has continued for @10 months - painkillers help very little. I also now have a lack of mobility in my legs.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. Have you consulted your doctor regarding this? Were any imaging studies of the back or abdomen done?