Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have been diagnosed with Pulmanory Fibrosis. WhaT TEATMENT

I have been diagnosed with Pulmanory Fibrosis. WhaT TEATMENT CAN i USE FOR DELAYING THE ONSET OF THIS DESEASE?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
I am sorry you have been found to have pulmonary fibrosis. this is often called idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis if the cause of it is unknown. fibrosis is scar tissue which can form in the lung.
I hope you don't smoke. this will worsen scar tissue and worsen lung function.
you should talk to your doctor about exercise therapy which could help improve your lung and heart function.
make sure you get the flu and pneumovax vaccines to help prevent lung infections.
for some patients, immune suppressing medications like steroids and immunesuppressors can help decrease autoimmune antibodies which your immune system can make which can attack your lungs and cause scar tissue.
Nintedanib is an anti-fibrotic drug that is approved to treat idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, in clinical trials, nintedanib has been shown to slow the decline in lung function in mild-to-moderate pulmonary fibrois. It is taken by mouth twice a day. you should ask your doctor about it and see if you can get it
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com