Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I used to use 5gms Tadalafil (Cialis) but it isn't quite enough

I used to use 5gms Tadalafil (Cialis) but it isn't quite enough now. Can I safely use 10gms. I am 73, no health problems and not overweight. Good pulse rate and blood pressure v normal. Play 18 hoes golf weekly when weather permits and take enough exercise
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
You do not say whether you are taking the tadalafil daily or as needed for sexual activity. The 5 mg per day is the maximum recommended dose for daily dosing. However, if you are using it only when needed, then it would be fine to increase the dose to 10 mg, and possibly higher. The maximum recommended dose when using tadalafil when needed is 20 mg at a time. The dosing range and the maximum dose is the same regardless of age.
Of course, any drug can cause side effects, but the tadalafil is generally very well tolerated, even at higher doses. It is appropriate to monitor blood pressure when increasing the dose of tadalafil, but it will usually do fine if a higher dose is needed for it to be effective.
So, yes, it would typically be safe to take the 10 mg strength if you are taking it when needed.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.