Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I was wondering what antibiotics I need to treat Chlamydia,

Customer Question

Hi, I was wondering what antibiotics I need to treat Chlamydia, Mycoplasma Genitalum, Ureaplasma, Gardnerella Vaginalis Thanks Hannah
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,You should take antibiotics according to culture and sensitivity that is antibiotic to which all these bacteria are sensitive to so that it can clear the infection so getting C/S is best advise.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by cliciking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you tell me the names of the antibiotics I need?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Antibiotics for these organisms are broad spectrum and can only be determined on culture and sensitivity tests. The antibiotics required are prescription medication and you will not find them over the counter. And it is not possible to name a single antibiotic here. Imipenem, Tazobactum, Metronidazole etc are all that might be required as ascertained by the sensitivity test.Please do leave a positive rating by cliciking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.