Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have just taken fluconazole 150mg in order to treat

Hello, I have just taken fluconazole 150mg in order to treat vaginal thrush. I didn't realise, but on the packet it said not to take it if trying to conceive. I am due to ovulate on Thursday/Friday/Saturday. Is it safe for me to try and conceive over the weekend? Will the medicine be out of my system by then?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the details.The biological half life of Fluconazole is approximately 30 hours on the average. So, a dose of 150 mg should be out of your system in 3 to 4 days. So, it should be safe for your to try to conceive over that period.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If not, how long do I need to wait before it's safe for me to try and conceive again? Thank you for you help.